1. Look before you leap. » He who hesitates is lost.
2. If at first you don’t succeed, try, try again. » Don’t beat your head against a brick wall.
3. Never put off until tomorrow what you can do today. » Don’t cross the bridge until you come to it.
4. Two heads are better than one. » Paddle your own canoe.
5. More haste, less speed. » Time waits for no man.
6. You’re never too old to learn. » You can’t teach an old dog new tricks.
7. A word to the wise is sufficient. » Talk is cheap.
8. It’s better to be safe than sorry. » Nothing ventured, nothing gained.
9. Don’t look a gift horse in the mouth. » Beware of Greeks bearing gifts.
10. Do unto others as you would have others do unto you. » Nice guys finish last.
11. Hitch your wagon to a star. » Don’t bite off more than you can chew.
12. Many hands make light work. » Too many cooks spoil the broth.
13. Don’t judge a book by its cover. » Clothes make the man.
14. The squeaking wheel gets the grease. » Silence is golden.
15. Birds of a feather flock together. » Opposites attract.
16. The pen is mightier than the sword. » Actions speak louder than words.
17. Absence makes the heart grow fonder. » Out of sight, out of mind.
The kicker is… they all apply. They’re all true. *dumbfounded* It’s hard out here for a human.